Group Marketing/Sales Manager
Title: Group Marketing/Sales Manager
Date Issued: 9/20/19
Position Purpose: The Group Marketing/Sales Manager is a creative thinker responsible to research and solicit associations, sports groups, meeting and group planners and any other groups that target overnight visitors to Marquette County. The manager coordinates with local hospitality industry and hotel partners to solicit group travel RFPs and assist in coordinating groups. The manager will develop a good working relationship with all hoteliers and meeting spaces managers and will develop an in-depth knowledge of the area, venues, and hotel capacities. They will attend industry-related conventions and tradeshows to generate leads and increase exposure as well as integrate with local groups. They will coordinate with the Marketing Team on sales/marketing assets to ensure materials are consistent with the overall marketing program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Focus on developing, soliciting and acquiring citywide and group meetings in Associations, Corporate, and Sports markets suitable for the assets Marquette County offers.
- Coordinate and execute sales blitzes in key markets.
- Coordinate services for events and give guidance to the event stakeholders for accommodations, transportation, printing, catering, signage, and any other service requested to ensure a successful Marquette County event.
- Understand the competitive set and changing marketing trends that affect tourism and meetings business.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, training programs and other required meetings held in Marquette.
- Emphasize solicitation of groups in needs periods or moving groups to those times of year.
- Maintain tracking for groups awarding/not awarding Marquette County group event.
- Coordinate with the Marketing Team on materials to enhance the experience and develop a custom experience Travel Marquette could offer to provide a competitive advantage over other destinations.
- Coordinate with the Marketing Team to develop and implement digital and traditional marketing strategies for the group and convention market.
- Attend consumer and travel trade shows to promote Travel Marquette in key markets.
- Function as a liaison for Travel Marquette with the Marquette hotel community, meeting spaces, other community venues and outfitters to expedite customization of the group’s experience.
- Organize and conduct meetings with Marquette group stakeholders.
- Follow up on incoming leads to TravelMarquette.com
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervision: The position reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 3 years’ of hospitality sales experience. Experience in lieu of degree will be considered with 3-5 years’ hospitality industry sales experience with other visitors bureaus, hotels or meeting venues.
- General use of computers, office software programs and internet.
- English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Establishing and maintaining an effective cooperative working relationship with staff, Board of Directors, hoteliers within the county, residents, external organizations and business leaders.
- Organize work, schedule and complete multiple tasks in a timely manner. Work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Ability to meet required deadlines.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time, bend, stoop and reach.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Valid Michigan driver’s license or the ability to attain one.
- Must be legally employable in the U.S,
Status: Non-Exempt, Full-time (40 hours a week)
Please email cover letter and resume to: Searchwide c/o Natalia Valdivia at firstname.lastname@example.org